Friday, December 12, 2008

My Story

the past couple of months have been pretty crazy for me. Crazy in a good way though. About a year ago which was sophmore year it was really when I became a person that i really didnt like when i look back at it today. It was a point where I thought i was all tight and cool because i would cuss and do random junk and mess around with people. Pull pranks that might hurt others for enjoyment. i was like that from a year ago to around october. My life was just really stupid and i wanted to what i wanted to do and no one can really stop me. It got to the point where i got involved with drugs and stuff. I was offered it by one of my friends and i told him I would consider doing it. It was really bugging me so i asked some of my close friends whether i should or not. I thoght they would help me since im realy tight with them and all but they ened making the situation much worse than it already was. There answers were stuff i already knew about stuff i can learn in health and some even told me that i can drink but i shouldnt smoke. So i ended up telling my friend that I would go do it with him on a friday. It was planned for the first friday of October. I didnt tell anyone about the friday because they might just end up bugging me. That whole week went by really slow and during that slow week i dont know something hit me(if i look back on it today it was God telling me i got better things to do) and i decided to go with my friend Kevin to his church's friday night service. That service really just opened my eyes to what Ive doing wrong with my life and that i still had a chance to turn it around. ive said those words before though "It opened my eyes" usually after i went some church retreat when i was high for God but all the time it would just fade away but this time i made a promise to myself that i wouldnt fade away and that it would last forever. since that friday ive been going to Friday night services at PBC every week and i now started going there on sundays as well. in the past for me Church really just a hang out spot. Sometimes on sundays i would even ditch service and just hang out. and if i did go to service i would just watch for the clock to wind down so that i can leave. now when i go i listen to Wilson's sermon. i dont know maybe because in the past i was still a little kid and i didnt understand everything or maybe it was just because i had other things in my mind. the point is that now i understand alot more and get alot more from sermons.  during this time from October to today God has also been sending me signs as well. i honestly think that God didnt want me to go to homecoming at my school. because instead i ended up going to a family dinner. At that dinner i realized one of my aunts werent there and when i asked where she was i was told she is sick and stayed home. at first i just thought she had to cold but we went to see her at my cousins after i found out that it was much worse. she used to have cancer and was healed but was very ill again.  seeing her in that condition showed me how selfish of person i am caring mostly for myself while others are going through rough times and i broke down into tears right there. Purity as well only couple people know about the story of the "girl" im not going to get in to but if you want to know ill tell you. purity is something im considering as well. im trying to focus on God right now and i really dont want to anything to distract me.
with all this im gradually cussing less, more optimistic, and life seems to be going uphill for me and the Denver Nuggets.

prayer requests
my aunt- who i still ill and i just wish her the best
my dad- hes in korea working hard just to keep me and my mom and my lil bro happy and i love him for everything
koinoinia-just that the people who to the benfit concert dont forget about the orphans who have much less than and that they will find parents and be happy.
myself- just that i know whats important in my life which is God.

-alexlee

3 comments:

  1. That was deep.
    Almost brought tears to me eyes.
    _Andrew Kim-

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww wow alex
    didnt know this side of youu
    keep moving forward and may God bless you with his everlasting love for you (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-em-gee.
    Oh-em-gee.
    Oh-em-gee.

    You just brought tears to my eyes. And not just to my eyes. Two little streaks stained my cheeks, but it doesn't sting. Do you know why? They're tears of 80% joy and 20% sadness(especially about your aunt).

    Gosh, you probably think I'm an idiot who cries like a baby at any time of the day, but man...every detailed lines touched my heart.

    Thank you, Lord for lifting your son up once again from his fallen state.

    Alex, you have been risen! :D
    Now, show the world your blessed abilities!

    ReplyDelete